Monday 6 May 2013

Twizzles, twizzles and more twizzles.... & maybe a Spiral

First three moves of my new program have now been laid out.  It is already a challenge - who would have though a few small Greek foot movements could be so challenging?!

After last weeks lessons I really need to work on more edges and intricate footwork - if anyone knows any nice showy foot movements let me know.  Also working on a catch foot spiral position - this seems a little easier - especially for my lack of flexibility that I seem to possess.  The old exercise of raising your leg up in front of you and taking it to the back in an arabesque position, each time becoming higher, then holding it at full height in spiral position for 7 seconds on the fourth swing through, this really helps.  I find stretches in the gym when you are leaning on something doesn't allow you to get used to hold the weight of your leg in the air.  And once again it seems to be a lot easier on ice on the move.

Also need loads of tips for the camel spin and sit spins.  sit spins, I don't know what is wrong with me but my body just refuses to sit down in the final position  - I think my knees have a will of their own - very annoying.

Am I getting too old???!

In the camel position my leg is not high enough but it does feel amazing.  For some reason the scratch spin position is impossible.  Well I know it isn't but it feels like there is a brick wall blocking my leg when I try to cross it over - anyone else have this problem?????

If anyone ever has the rare pleasure of being around during one of my lessons all you will hear is my coach shouting across the ice.. 'OPEN YOUR HIPS!!', 'HANDS! HANDS! HANDS!'.... weirdly when you listen to her and follow instruction it is a lot easier hehehe.

There was a mention is starting doubles - eeekkk, even though my coach says my jumps are of good height I tend to feel like they are low.  Strangely when I actually complete a large jump it feels as if I haven't really left the ice - so if you feel the same it might be your jumps are a lot higher than you think.

Also field moves one minute I am ok at them next week I am awful.  I must stop nudging myself a lot every now and again with my told picks - bad bad bad cheat. 

I am hoping to film some of my skating at my next practise session so will upload what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment